Can a small bathroom 2 2 sq m be cozy? Definitely yes! But to create a functional design, you need a competent layout of the space. It is important to think over every little detail of design and decoration, plumbing placement and decor.
Design bath 2 sq. m: we take into account the features of the layout of the room
- Design bath 2 sq. m: we take into account the features of the layout of the room
- Designer Secrets to Visually Enlarging a Bathroom
- Color schemes for a bathroom of 2 sq.m.
- Interior style
- Decoration Materials
- A washing machine (under the sink, on the wall, in a niche) for a bathroom of 2 square meters
- The choice of plumbing and its placement in the bathroom
- Bathroom furniture 2 sq.m.
- Shelves above the doorway
- Accessories - create an individual style and design of a bathroom with an area of 2 sq m
- Lighting, selection, types of lamps
- Video: Overview of a 2 square real bathroom
- Photo ideas for arranging a small bathroom
Consider how to equip a small bathroom 2 by 2 m photo for inspiration, you can see on the design sites. There are 3 main types of layouts of small bathrooms, which are based on the location of the door and window:
- A square room with no windows and a door against the wall allows you to position the bathroom opposite the door, and the washing machine and washbasin from the side. A toilet is being mounted nearby.
- A square room with a door in the corner - a shower or corner bathtub is appropriate here. Also, the sink above the washing machine and the toilet located on the side will look harmonious.
- The rectangular shape does not allow you to buy a bath - a shower cabin, a wall-mounted toilet and a hanging sink.
Sometimes it is necessary to build on the location of utilities - not all plumbing can be installed if the pipes and outlets under the water differ in a non-standard location.
Designer Secrets to Visually Enlarging a Bathroom
What is characterized by a small bathroom 2 sq. Meter photo design with bathtub? So that the room does not look completely tiny, there are several tricks from designers who offer interesting solutions to the problem.
- Light-colored cladding is the perfect choice for a small bathroom. If this is a combined coating, two contrasting colors, you need to finish horizontally. For example, make the top light and the bottom dark.
- Use wall tiles with a small pattern or photo - landscape. This is a famous technique that makes the room bigger.
- Plumbing and furniture in pastel or white colors is a classic that will not only emphasize your taste, but also visually expand the room.
- A large mirror without a bulky frame expands the space, looks stylish and compact.
Do not forget to smooth the corners - if the room is small, give preference to semicircular or round surfaces that will make the interior softer.
Color schemes for a bathroom of 2 sq.m.
There are many tricks to visually expand a room:
- "Combine" the line of the floor and walls with one color;
- create contrast - leave the top light, the bottom dark;
- more gloss and mirror surfaces;
- to make the walls visually higher - add vertical lines in the design;
- you can make a room voluminous by highlighting one wall with a contrast - for example, black;
- Spotlights are a great choice for a small bathroom.
With a light design of walls and ceilings, you can highlight the plumbing: pick up a bright washbasin or toilet, hang multi-colored shelves or hooks.
You can equip the bathroom in any style direction: Provence, classic, minimalism, loft. For small rooms in a classic style, there is one rule - light, pastel colors and round surfaces. In minimalism, geometric patterns, brown or white, huge mirrors are welcome. If we talk about the Provence style, blue prevails here - a white palette with patterns and floral prints. It can be supplemented with cute little things: a basket with flowers, an original curtain, unusual soft textiles.
To direct the loft, you need to combine the bathroom and harmoniously combine the usual with the non-standard: a brick wall, a snow-white sink on a wooden pallet. This style is characterized by the feeling of incomplete repair - open engineering communications, concrete surface, open ventilation.
Do not forget that materials for repairing the bathroom must have good moisture resistant characteristics. In this room there is a constant difference in humidity and temperature, steam accumulation.
There are many options for decorating a room: paint the walls with water-based paints, apply a picture or make a relief pattern with putty. The most popular method is to lay out the tiles. This material has been a leader for many years, it is ideally suited for operational characteristics for the conditions of the bathroom. The decoration of the walls with mosaics looks very elegant. A good and economical option is PVC panels with which you can imitate wood or stone. Given the small parameters of the room, it is better to give preference to light shades with small drawings.
The best option is ceramic tiles. The material is moisture resistant, durable and perfectly washable. In addition, it is characterized by durability, a long service life and a large assortment that allows you to show imagination. You can pick up models with ornaments, drawings, imitating stone or other natural materials. To visually expand the floor, you can lay out the tile diagonally.
If a heated floor is installed in the room, ceramic is the best option. If not, consider other finishes, as the tile is considered cold material. A good solution is laminate or linoleum. It is recommended to select thickened material that is resistant to moisture. At the peak of popularity is the bulk floor - it makes the interior unusual, able to turn the bathroom into a tropical paradise or underwater world with corals and fish.
A small 2 by 2 bathroom eliminates the use of dark ceilings - it is recommended to design it exclusively in light shades. The best options are gray, white or beige. To paint the surface, you must first level it, otherwise the paint will emphasize the shortcomings. Modern projects involve first plasterboard cladding, and then painting. To visually expand the room, you can stretch the glossy ceiling and equip it with bright spotlights.
A washing machine (under the sink, on the wall, in a niche) for a bathroom of 2 square meters
The design of a small bathroom with a washbasin, toilet, cupboards and a washing machine should be well thought out. Laundry equipment takes up a lot of space, and you need to place it compactly. There are several options:
- Under the washbasin - convenient and comfortable, the height of the sink is adjustable. It is important to take water and electricity seriously. A good solution is to choose a lily-shaped sink.
- On the wall - convenient for small bathrooms. The space under the machine can be occupied by a cabinet or a separate dryer. This is a design technique suitable for fans of custom solutions. In this case, installation is important - it must be done by the master, taking into account all the rules.
- In a niche - if in your bathroom an acceptable option is the arrangement of a niche, you are in luck. This is very convenient, because on top you can install shelves or hangers for dressing gowns and textiles, which greatly saves space.
The choice of plumbing and its placement in the bathroom
In a 2 by 2 bathroom, you need to hide utilities - they can be hidden behind a wall of drywall or a cabinet. The best option is to use a hanging toilet, which visually makes the room larger. Think about what will be installed: a bath or shower. If you opt for a bathroom, give preference to sitting models without legs or corner options. The shower stall is selected with a drain in the floor: for this, the floor rises slightly to mount the drain ladder.
Which bath to choose
The best option is a sitting or corner bath. If space allows, you can install the usual, but in this case, you need to think through the details of the next layout and location of objects. Small acrylic designs are presented in the size of 120 cm and above (length parameters). Corner allow you to correctly distribute the space, leaving the central part of the room free. They can be elongated or take the form of a “quarter circle”.
Sink above the washing machine
A bathroom with a small area of 2 meters by 2 meters allows you to place a sink above the washing machine. The shape of a water lily will look beautiful, which implies a special drainage system, made for the machine. This design is completely safe.
Narrow cars are characterized by a vertical type drainage system, which is located on the back wall. It is worth remembering that the sink should cover the washing machine a little - this is necessary so that water does not get on the equipment.
Bathroom furniture 2 sq.m.
To arrange a small bathroom is not easy - you need to consider all the nuances.Consider the layout and design - for such tiny rooms it is better to stay at minimalism. If the interior does not imply a washing machine, feel free to purchase a washbasin with a cabinet.
In another case, a corner or wall-hung toilet and sink will be appropriate. A bathtub with high sides of a sedentary type or a compact shower cabin are two optimal options in this case. To visually stretch the room vertically, give preference to acrylic shower trays - they are comfortable and take up little space. Hanging cabinets and shelves are best placed above the door or on the sides of the bathroom.
Shelves above the doorway
A bathroom with dimensions of 2 sq m should have a thoughtful design. To save space, it is recommended to place shelves above the doorway - it is beautiful, aesthetically pleasing and original. Thanks to this arrangement, the space will become visually larger, more functional.
Shelves can be made independently or ordered. So you can avoid piling up space and compactly place the necessary items.
Accessories - create an individual style and design of a bathroom with an area of 2 sq m
To significantly save space, do not clutter up the room with small objects and accessories: think over the design of the bathroom with dimensions of 2 by 2 m very carefully. The room should have the most necessary: a soap dish or dispenser for liquid soap, towel holders and containers for toothbrushes. You can add aesthetics with beautiful hangers or original textiles.
Give preference to flat mirrors, without frames - water accumulates in them, which leads to the formation of mold and fungus.
In order to compactly place household chemicals and other trifles, it is better to purchase an open bookcase or shelf. A good solution is a small chest of drawers or a bedside table under the bathroom.
Lighting, selection, types of lamps
A small bathroom measuring 2 5 by 2 5 requires good lighting. This is important not only because of the area: this way you can visually make the room larger. Not every layout provides a window in the bathroom, so you need to equip two or more lighting devices.
- If this is a chandelier, choose the flat version - the ceiling must be resistant to moisture. You can use the built-in lamps around the perimeter - in case the ceiling height allows.
- Use a sconce or light bulbs at the mirror above the sink - this “draws” the room horizontally.
Lighting for the bathroom is an important point, since all hygiene procedures are performed there. Pick up bright bulbs to make your stay in the room comfortable.
Video: Overview of a 2 square real bathroom