There are rooms that do not please the owners with their area. Such premises include a kitchen-living room of 9 square meters. In such a limited space, it is very important to consider every small nuance when planning the repair and further arrangement.
- Kitchen layout
- Design options for a modern kitchen-living room of 9 square meters
- How to increase the space of the kitchen-living room 9 square meters. meters
- Ways to visually expand the space
- How to arrange furniture in the kitchen-living room of 9 square meters
- How to put a kitchen in an area of 9 square meters
- The nuances of the placement of household appliances and appliances
- Video: options for placing a sofa in the kitchen
- Photo design ideas and furniture layouts
The first thing to do is to divide the room into zones on the plan, namely, we allocate space for the kitchen and calculate the remaining meters. Usually about 4-5 square meters remain. On the leftovers, it is necessary to fit a comfortable sitting area with a sofa.
The next step in planning such a room is to take into account how much space the sofa will occupy, whether it will be laid out and serve as a berth. The sofa will pick up another two square meters.
The remaining quadrature should be used with the maximum rationality - to put up cabinets or whatnots, or if this is the only room, then a desk.
For a small room, the distance between the furniture should be maintained. A comfortable distance for passage will be 0.6-0.7 meters.
In a kitchen-living room of 9 square meters, it is very important to consider the placement of windows and the layout of the room (rectangular or square) as well as the placement of the balcony.
In such rooms there are usually no windows and the only source of daylight is a balcony opening. With its proper use, we can additionally obtain valuable 2-3 square meters. The size of the balcony depends purely on the position of the room, as already mentioned rectangular and square. In the first case, we get less area, and in the second more.
In addition to the functionality in the kitchen-living room, you also want to get comfort, and for this it is important to choose the right design option. All these nuances are described in more detail below.
Design options for a modern kitchen-living room of 9 square meters
Recently, design trends such as Scandinavian, neoclassic, minimalism, hi-tech, loft, classic and country have become popular.
For a very small room, such styles as Scandinavian, minimalism and country will be relevant.
What styles do not fit:
- Neoclassic and classic - according to their canons they require a lot of space, this is due to massive furniture, rich textile finishes, darker colors in the interior that visually reduce space.
- High-tech and loft will not work due to the fact that the basis of this direction will be a lot of free space and daylight. In the conditions of 9 square meters - it will be simply impossible.
And now, consider the options that are suitable for such a room.
Features of minimalism and Scandinavian styles in the interior
- The less furniture, the better.
- Light colors of the interior (white, beige, milky, pastel shades of other colors) - in any case, they will visually increase the space.
- The absence or minimal availability of textiles on the windows - lambrequins, drapes, tulle is replaced by the functional options for the roulette and Roman blinds. In addition, it will be easier to breathe in the room due to the lack of dust that accumulates there.
- The furniture is light and weightless.
- A lot of transforming furniture refers specifically to the Scandinavian style.
- A lot of light, if there is a lack of natural lighting, then it is competently replaced with artificial.
- The main principle is nothing more with maximum functionality.
Their main distinguishing feature will be the simplicity of lines and shapes in furniture. For the Scandinavian style, bends and complex furniture designs in furniture are acceptable, and for minimalism, clear geometry is important when furnishing.
Country style is very similar to them, but it has its own bright characteristics:
- Wall decoration may not be smooth and plain, but patterns and floral ornaments are allowed.
- Furniture can be massive, but should not be in excess.
- The presence of curtains and tulle on the windows.
- A lot of small decor elements - pillows, rugs, figurines and so on.
In general, these styles are suitable for us because they do not require extensive furniture, do not collect a lot of dust and are very affordable.
How to increase the space of the kitchen-living room 9 square meters. meters
With such limited space, the first thing to do is decide how to increase the space. There are two solutions to this problem. The first is to obtain additional space from the balcony, and the second is to use visual enlargement. Typically, these two tricks are always used together.
By combining the kitchen-living room with a balcony, you can get a couple of square meters, which is enough to equip the kitchen and dining area there.
The remnants of the wall or the former windowsill are converted into a bar counter, which will be both a dining and working surface. The kitchen set is placed in one line and in this case there should be only the most important thing - a refrigerator, stove, sink, additional work area and many wall cabinets. All cutting and cooking processes will take place at the bar counter. In this case, it will be necessary to reduce the window size to a minimum.
The second option for using the obtained area is that a working area is located there as an office. The former window sill on the balcony will serve as a zoning space, as well as a desk. In the former balcony, cabinets and shelves for books and things are well hidden.This option is common in apartments, where it is the only room.
Ways to visually expand the space
- Choose the lightest shades for the walls. These colors include white, gray, milky, beige.
- Use mirrored surfaces for the kitchen.
- Do not make complex structures on the ceiling.
- The space is divided into zones using furniture or changing the color scheme.
- Furniture should be placed closer to the corners of the room.
- The kitchen set should be either in one line or in the form of the letter “P”.
How to arrange furniture in the kitchen-living room of 9 square meters
When arranging furniture in an apartment, after installing a kitchen set and appropriate household appliances, the first thing to do is choose a place for a sofa.
It fits perfectly under the balcony doorway, thereby freeing up half of the room for free movement. If there is no balcony, then the optimal place for placement will be near the window or under the window against the wall. This situation will give us the opportunity to put also a coffee table.
In such apartments, repairs begin with insulation of the facades, because most rational arrangements will be irrelevant due to constant drafts.
To separate the kitchen from the living room, the best reception would be a bar. It takes up significantly less space than a dining table and will be a great addition to the kitchen worktop.
How to put a kitchen in an area of 9 square meters
There are several options for placing a headset. One of them is the installation on the former balcony described above, in addition to it there are several more options. They all depend on the layout of the room, namely it is square or rectangular.
For a square room, placement along one wall is optimal. All cabinets should be as narrow and flat as possible.
For a rectangular layout, a n-shaped zone is formed near a narrow wall, in which the passage between the sides will be at least 0.5 meters.
The nuances of the placement of household appliances and appliances
Placing household appliances in a small area will be a serious problem. To solve it, you need to use a few simple rules:
- The technique is not bulky to choose, ideally so that it is built-in.
- Apply the triangle rule - the sink, refrigerator and stove should form a triangle in which the sink will be the top.
- Install the refrigerator as close to the wall as possible and place additional cabinets and compartments above it.
Video: options for placing a sofa in the kitchen